What A Friend We Have in Jesus

Scripture For The Day 

 October 12, 2022

"What A Friend We Have in Jesus"  

F.R.I.E.N.D. – In Sunday School, we talked about being a good friend.  I gave my students an assignment to write down the word Friend, vertically, and to write the good qualities of someone else in the room without telling anyone. My heart was Blessed when a little girl decided to use me as her friend and wrote these words down: F- Fun, R-(I can’t remember), I – intelligent (😊), E- eager, N- Nice, D- delightful. We began talking about Proverbs 18:24 which teaches us that “a man that hath friends must shew himself friendly”- in other words, we need to be friendly to have friends, fun to be with, and reliable. But the rest of the verse goes like this – ‘There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother” A true friend can be better than a brother or a sister. Blood is not thicker than water despite what people like to say. The only Blood that matters is the Blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blessed with some very good friends along the way. Those who have not only seen my good side but my bad side as well and are still able to see past the bad days and see my heart. Because we all have bad days, don’t we? We all get frustrated. We all get tired. But when you know someone’s heart you’re able to look past all of that. Love has a way of covering up all kinds of junk. 

The Bible describes a true friend as Wise, a friend loves at all times, has gracious speech, is faithful, sweet, and will not forsake you. As I asked the students “Who is a friend that sticks closer than a brother?”, one student began laughing “well, I don’t have a brother.” 😊  Of course, I went on to explain that it meant brother or sister or family for that matter. But a little girl quickly and quietly spoke up and said “JESUS”.

 Jesus is the Truest friend we will ever have. He sticks closer than any family or any other friend. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is Wise. He LOVES. He IS Grace and ever faithful and so very sweet and I am Blessed to call Him my Friend. He is with me on the bad days as well as the good days. He understands my tears. He prays over me.  He encourages and He convicts my heart when I am not where I need to be. That is a True Friend.

 What a Friend we have in Jesus. All our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer!

Have you met my friend, Jesus? Let me introduce you! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar