Get To Steppin'

Scripture For The Day 

 August 17, 2023

"Get to Steppin"

Nowadays, many of us have a stepping goal. My goal for several years now has been a minimum of 10,000 steps a day.  I recently read that a daily goal of 10,000 steps a day can add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime. I thought to myself, well that would depend on your age at the time, wouldn’t it? But 10,000 steps a day for the rest of your life is more than four times around our planet. So, they say; Whoa!  Sadly, many people struggle with walking in general. I personally used to be more adventurous with my walking but now I have been given limitations. Still, I keep on walking.  As much walking as I enjoy doing, I can struggle at times just to walk twenty feet across a room. Not because of any physical limitation but because of stepping out of my shy box.

If it wasn’t for God Given Boldness, I wouldn’t be able to do much of anything. I am an imperfect, insecure, shy, mess of a person. I can sit and talk with kids much easier than with adults.  It’s just who I am.  I don’t know about you, but I need The Lord each and every day just to help me just get past myself.  With school starting this week, I’ve been speaking to my SS school and my grandson about how The LORD can give them the boldness to share His Word. It can be through kindness to others. Helping someone in need.  Praying for those who mistreat us. But, also, knowing when to walk away. There are many ways to shine His Light. And sometimes that just takes walking across a room.  

People are struggling. People need love. People need to know they matter. A kind word. A smile. A text. A card. So many simple ways to share Jesus with others. Listen for that Still Small Voice to lead you in the right direction. Pray for His Boldness to Speak His Word and Shine His Light in this dark world. Step on out in Faith. 

please keep our kiddos in your prayers each and every day. Keep the faculty in your prayers. And treat each other as if it’s your last day on earth. Share Jesus. You just never know. Walk Across That Room! 

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar