He Picks Us Up

Scripture For The Day 

 August 21, 2023

"He Picks Us Up" 

Last night, my husband and I walked outside and remarked how we couldn’t see. The humidity was so thick that our glasses had fogged over. I was carrying some things so I couldn’t stop and wipe the fog away.  It was already growing dark outside and I began struggling to see the ground as I walked. So, I carefully watched my step to avoid tripping.

This morning, as I was speaking with The Lord, I began thinking about that foggy moment, which got me to thinking about how much my mind is staying muddled and foggy and confused. It’s getting worse and though it is expected… I don’t like it. It takes every bit of my concentration to focus on one task at a time when I used to be so good at multitasking. But fog is like that. It is oppressive and overbearing. It can be dangerous because the fog hinders our eyesight. It takes every bit of our concentration to keep from getting hurt. I stay concerned about how people take me. I play it over and over in my heart and mind. I continually second-guess myself with what I say and what I do. Frankly, it’s exhausting and the fog is not helping matters and keeps trying to trip me up.

But when our view becomes distorted by our foggy circumstances, we can Trust The One Who Sees everything. We don’t know how long the fog will last. We just need to keep going. If we allow our circumstances to fog over our hearts and minds the enemy will use that to bring doubt and fear and condemnation. However; with Jesus on our side, we don’t have to see well. He knows what’s around the corner. He sees our pathway. We don’t have to analyze everything. We just need to Trust in Him to lead us by those still waters. Whatever we are going through, God is right there with us. He will never leave us or forsake us. Eventually, the fog will fade away. We just need to keep our eyes focused on Him. When we fall, He picks us up. 

He is ALL the Clarity we need. 

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and He delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand." - Psalm 37 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar