What's Love Got To Do With It?

Scripture For The Day 

August 25, 2023

"What's Love Got To Do With It?" 

What’s Love Got to do with it? What’s Love but a second-hand emotion? Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? You remember that Tina Turner song? You, probably, like me, can even hear her singing the lyrics. Of course, it was a song about casual sex and how the word love is thrown around without any deep meaning, so why bother because Love can hurt too much. But True Love is far from being a second-hand emotion.  Meaning that it passes quickly and is worthless. But without Love we are all lost. Without Love, life has no meaning whatsoever.  

We can read all throughout God’s Word what Love Really Means. It Means Life. It Means Grace. It Means Everything! It Means JESUS! It Means so much more than a second-hand emotion and Paul shares with us how important Love is in 1 Corinthians 13… paraphrased…

I may be able to speak in different languages, whether human or even angels but if I don’t have love, I’m just making a lot of noise.  I may have the gift of prophecy and understand all the secrets there is to know, and even have faith that can move the biggest mountains. But even with all of that, without love, I am nothing. I can give everything I have to charity and even offer my body up to science, but I gain nothing by doing all of this if I don’t have love. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is NOT jealous. It doesn’t brag and is not proud. Love is not rude. It is not selfish and cannot get mad easily. Love does NOT remember the wrongs done against it. Love is never happy when others do wrong but is always happy with THE TRUTH. Love NEVER ever gives up on people. It never stops trusting. Never loses hope. And NEVER ever quits. Love will never end. But everything else will. It’s time to grow up. Three things continue and will NEVER die: FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE. 

And the greatest of these three is LOVE.

What’s Love got to do with it? EVERYTHING, my friend, EVERYTHING! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar