Don't Be Silent! Give Thanks To God!


Scripture For The Day 

November 23, 2023

"Don't Be Silent! Give Thanks to God!" 

 Psalm 30- A Pledge of Praise for the dedication of the house of David (which may be about the dedication of The Temple) - Whatever the case may be, how fitting for Thanksgiving Day!

“I will extol Thee, O LORD; for Thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.” LORD, You have lifted me out of troubles. My enemies have no reason to laugh. I will Praise You. I called out to You and You healed me. LORD, You have kept me alive. Sing unto The LORD, all ye saints of His, and GIVE THANKS to Him, The Only One Worthy of Praise.  His anger lasts only but a moment. He is quick to forgive. Trials and Tribulations will come in this life and it may seem like the darkness will never lift. But just like the darkness in the night, the sun will rise again…joy will come in the morning.

And in my prosperity, I said, I shall never be moved. I thought nothing could hurt me. But then trouble happened for David, just like it does for us. and for a moment he had felt like God had turned his back on him. He was confused and troubled. He cried out to The LORD “What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise Thee? Shall it declare Thy Truth?” David tried to reason with God in the time of his trouble. And The LORD heard His Prayer.

Vs 11-12  shares the joy that David felt when God turned his circumstances around. “Thou hast turned me my mourning into dancing: Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;” “To the end that my glory may sing Praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give THANKS UNTO THEE FOREVER!!!

Give God The Glory! And Keep Your Eyes upon Him despite how the storm may be raging around you.                                   

Don’t be Silent- GIVE HIM THANKS! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar