Lest He Tear My Soul

Scripture For The Day  

October 17, 2023

Lest He Tear My Soul 

Psalm 7 is described as a Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite. A Shiggaion is a term that describes a poem that is written with intense feelings and will stir up emotions. David meant what he was saying. He was full of angst. He was upset. Here was Cush the Benjamite, one of Saul’s fanatics telling lies about him.  David knew he was innocent and he wanted divine retribution. He was being accused of trying to steal the throne. Which was far from the truth. David respected the throne. He had numerous times that he could have killed Saul. But he would never touch God’s anointed. David had every right to be upset. His good name was being tarnished. It can be frustrating when people talk lies about you behind your back and you have no opportunity to give your side of the story.

But David did what he always did. He cried out to The LORD. I put my trust in thee. Save me from those who persecute me. Deliver me unless my soul gets torn apart in pieces like an animal caught by a lion. Can you hear the angst? O LORD, I’ve done nothing wrong. I would never hurt a friend or help their enemies. Punish me, right now if I’m lying. Let them catch me and kill me if I’m lying. Let them grind me into the dirt and put me in my grave if I’m lying. SELAH

David went on to plead with The LORD to help him. It’s so frustrating when people have the wrong idea about you and then pass that judgment on to others as a fact. You can just feel the tension and anxiety in this prayer. He doesn’t go off and try to handle it on his own. He begs The LORD to take care of it. It frustrates me when people get the wrong idea about me. Nothing I say or do can change their perception. So, through the help of The LORD, I’ve learned to get over it. I strive to do what I believe He is leading me to do and ignore the lies and condemnation.  Because their opinion does not have any power against who God says I am and it doesn’t have any power against who God says you are. Seek His Will and ignore the junk. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar