A Song of Thanksgiving

Scripture For The Day 

 November 8, 2023

"A Song Of Thanksgiving" 


Psalm 18 is a song that David sang to The LORD when The LORD saved him from the wrath of Saul. It’s a long song. It’s the longest we have studied so far in the Psalms with 50 verses.             It's a song of thanksgiving.

I will love thee; O Lord my strength. David is invoking a strong emotion and devotion to the Lord. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. My God my strength in whom I will trust. My buckler and the horn of my salvation and my high tower. David uses military metaphors to relate to a tough battle and the armor used to protect. I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised so shall I be safe for my enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. In my distress, I called upon the Lord and cried unto my God. He heard my voice out of His Temple and my cry came before Him even into His ears. The Earth began to shake and tremble.

When I was reading this, I couldn’t help but read it out loud with a dramatic flair There is something major happening. God is making His Presence known. The LORD is standing up for His child. He heard his cries and showed up and showed out. Take time to read Psalm 18 out loud with dramatic flair. Pay attention to every minute detail. Hear the crescendo of this event rising in Power and Majesty. And then tell me you don’t feel the Presence of God surrounding you.  He stepped in and saved David and The LORD is worthy to be Praised. He rescued David. He took him and drew him out of many waters. David felt as if he was drowning. But The LORD stepped in. He lifted David up and held him up. And He does the same for you and me over and over again.

The LORD Lives! And Blessed be my Rock; The God Who Saves me. How Great is He!

Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD.

 LORD, I Praise You for Who You are and for all you do. I will Praise you even among the unbelievers. I will SING Praises to Your Name! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar