"Judge Me According To Thy Righteousness"

Scripture For The Day  

November 29, 2023

"Judge Me According To Thy Righteousness"

Psalm 35 is a broken cry for help from David over being falsely accused. It can be frustrating when you are accused of something you haven’t done or even plan on doing. David was at his wit's end. He needed encouragement and deliverance. He needed God’s Righteous Judgment. I can just read the angst and brokenness in his words.

“Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me:” LORD, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight me.  Pick up your shield and buckler and stand up for me. Take out your spear and stop those who persecute me.  speak unto my soul “I will Rescue You. I am Your Salvation” Confuse those who are after me. Turn them back in their confusion. Disappoint them. Make them be like chaff that blows in the wind. ( chaff is the husks of corn or some other seed that gets separated by threshing… the trash or worthless things) Let them be chased by the angel of The LORD. Make their road dark and slippery. “For without cause” I did nothing wrong, but they tried to trap me. For no reason at all they dug a pit to catch me. So let them fall into their own traps. “All my bones shall say, LORD…” With my whole self I will say, LORD, there is no one like You.

False witnesses rise up and lie against me. They accuse me of things I never did or plan on doing. They pay me back evil for the good I do. It breaks my heart. But as for me, I grieved for them. I prayed for them. I thought they were my friends. But when I had trouble they enjoyed it. They made fun of me. They ground their teeth to show their anger. MY LORD, how long will you watch this happen? Rescue my soul from their destructions. I will Praise you in the great congregation:…Don’t let my lying enemies keep on laughing at me. They have no reason to hate me. I just want to live in peace.  Stir up Thyself, (wake up LORD) unto my cause. Judge me according to Thy Righteousness and deal with my enemies. LORD, I will tell people how Great You are. I will Praise You all day long.

Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar