He Restores My Soul

Scripture For The Day 

 November 14, 2023

"He Restores My Soul" 

Psalm 23- Most of us know this beloved Psalm. The LORD is our Shepherd and we who believe are His Sheep. However in recent years, the label of ‘sheep’ has become a derogatory term. I don’t care. I am so very thankful that I am part of His flock. So, Baa Baa baby. Call me a sheep. I know that I matter to Him just as much as the other sheep in His flock. No more, no less. In His Word, His people are never described as lions. But as meek and dependent sheep that depend upon a Shepherd. I’ll take that any day. Because it’s The Truth.

I learned this passage when I was a little girl. But no one took the time to teach me what it meant. So, I was always confused by the first verse” “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Why? I would ask The LORD? Why can’t I ‘want’ You? I Love You and I do ‘want’ You to be with me. It wasn’t until I was much older and studying on my own that I discovered the word ‘want” meant lacking for something. I shall not want (lack) for anything. Because He is My Shepherd and He Provides for me. He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside still waters. What a picture of complete peace and rest. Oh, I LOVE that. And oh, we need that Peaceful Rest that can only come from The LORD. He restores my soul. I need my soul restored quite often. Not talking about salvation. That’s there to stay. I’m talking about a rejuvenation; a restoration of getting back to that moment once again. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. He is with us. There is no place here on earth that He won’t be with us. I have those memories of feeling His Presence in the darkest moments of my life that brought me strength. A shepherd's rod and staff (club and hook) are tools that provide protection and direction. And boy do I need that nudge with His Rod at times to push me towards the path that I need to be on. He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. I am safe, we are safe in His Shelter while the enemy is outside the door. He Blesses us time and time again. Oh, how my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

Aijeleth Shahar