Rejoice in Forgiveness


Scripture For The Day 

November 26th, 2023 

"Rejoice in Forgiveness" 

 Psalm 32 describes perfectly how Blessed the gift of forgiveness is.  I had a person ask me once why I keep forgiving those who hurt me.  I told them because that is what The LORD wants me to do. Forgive as He has forgiven me. I’ve never understood grudges and the lack of forgiveness breaks my heart. As an adult and as a king, David made some bad choices. Some very bad choices. The title of this chapter includes Maschil, which is a technical term describing what type of psalm or poem this was meant to be; contemplative. Think about it; deeply. 

David begins by describing how Blessed it is to be forgiven for the wrongs that we do. God can and will erase those wrongs for a penitent heart. He creates a Clean slate.  A begin again moment. Sadly, people generally won’t forgive the way that The LORD forgives. David goes on “When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.” Let us not ever allow pride to get in the way of seeking true forgiveness. David says the guilt of his sin was heavy upon him. He became weaker and miserable. Every day was harder than the day before. But then he decided to confess his sins. And God forgave Him. OH, I love that. Don’t you? 

David says that is why every true believer will seek The LORD and ask forgiveness over their lives. ‘Thou art my hiding place;…” He is our hiding place. God sees everything. He watches over us and guides us. 

Verse 9 gets tough “Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.” – Don’t be stubborn like a horse or mule that you have to forcefully pull towards you. “Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in The LORD, mercy shall compass him about.” Submit yourself to God. Surrender your will. Forgive each other. Have an understanding that we are all different. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. All you who want to do right, REJOICE! and Forgive! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar