I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

Scripture For The Day  

July 20, 2022

"I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" 

This week my 6-year-old grandson and I have been traveling an hour away for swim lessons every day. We’ve been having an adventure that’s for sure.  It’s bedtime by the time he gets home. I’ve learned quite a bit about what vehicle and equipment he intends to buy when he gets older. He has it all planned out. He’s been planning it for quite some time but our trips have helped him get it all lined out. 😊 I’ve also been able to tell him stories that my grandpa would tell me about the places that we have been passing from when my grandpa was growing up and my heart was reminded yesterday of how precious time is and how important it is to treasure each moment. Time goes by too fast.

We don’t know what tomorrow holds. We don’t know how long we have been given to be here on earth. The Bible reminds us in James 4:14 just how fleeting life can be: “ Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” I don't know what tomorrow holds. But I know Who holds tomorrow.  Life is like a fog, here for a while and then gone. So, we ought to focus on The Lord and say “If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.” His Word tells us to let Him handle the details. Let Him handle the worries. Let Him handle the burdens. Seek His Face in all that we do. Take time to make the most of the time that has been given to us and Love Him with all of our hearts. “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the Will of The Lord is.” – Ephesians 5:17

I’m thankful for this time. My flesh may be worn out and ache all over, but my spirit is encouraged and thankful for each passing day that I am once again alive to share His Word and share His Love with you. I’m thankful that I am able to spend time with my family and friends and enjoy our conversations and company. I’m thankful that I am Redeemed and Forgiven. I’m thankful that despite the chaos and angst in this world, in Him and through Him I can have PEACE that passes all understanding. You may not agree with me and I may not agree with you, but we can still be civil and gracious to each other despite our disagreements and I can still pray for you and I hope you pray for me. We don’t have to focus on our differences and the junk that the enemy keeps trying to get us to focus on. Let us focus on JESUS. And if you don’t have Jesus in your heart, it’s not too late. I pray that you don’t wait another single day.

Take this time that you have been given and Seek The Lord!!!

Love God! Love People!!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar