Talk About Freedom

Scripture For The Day 

 July 4, 2022

"Talk About Freedom!" 

I may speak in different languages, whether human or even of angels. But If I don’t have love, I am only a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal. I may have the gift of prophecy, I may understand all secrets and know everything there is to know, and I may have faith so great that I can move mountains. But even with all this, if I don’t have love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I have to help others, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing by doing all this if I don’t have love.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love forgets the wrongs. Love is never happy when others do wrong, but is always happy with the truth. Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits. Love will never end. All other gifts will end, but not Love.

So, these three things remain Faith, Hope, and Love. And the greatest of these is Love. – paraphrased 1 Corinthians 13

Love Remains. Faith remains. Hope Remains. But the greatest is Love.

We’ve allowed this world to infiltrate the church in so many ways. We have become desensitized from sin, all variety of sin. We have begun to focus on things that are not beneficial to sharing His Word. We are wasting precious time.  But we still have Hope. According to 1 Corinthians 13- there are three things that remain and one of those is HOPE. No matter what is going on in this world or in our lives, we still have Hope. The Power of Jesus’ gives us Hope. It may feel hopeless at times when we take our eyes off of Jesus and look at the dangerous waves crashing all around us, but we still have Hope and We can have the Faith to believe in The One Who gives us that Hope.  We have the Power of His Love to get past ourselves and past the junk. If the church buildings all fall apart today, it won’t matter, because we ARE the church. Until we begin to hunger for the meat of His Word it will absolutely feel hopeless, it will all be for nothing. It doesn’t matter how much we DO, if we don’t have Faith, Hope, or Love, it’s all for nothing. Without His Word, Without His Truth, we are just wasting time. It’s just filling a slot on our daily check-off list.

Love never loses Hope. Love Never ends. This Love can only come from The LORD and it endures forever.  Love Remains. Faith Remains. Hope Remains. Revive us O LORD. Wake us Up to Your Truth!!! Now that's what I call Freedom!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar