The B.I.B.L.E. Yes, That's The Book For Me

Scripture For The Day  

August 29, 2022

"The B.I.B.L.E. Yes, That's The Book For Me" 

Yesterday morning, while at the breakfast table, our 6-year-old grandson began quoting scripture he had memorized a while back: “…these that have turned the world upside down are come here also.” I and his grandpa stopped eating and looked at him and I asked where it was from and he said “Acts 17:6”. That spoke so much to his grandpa’s heart that he used that scripture as the basis of his message for Sunday night. It tickled me to no end because I make a point of working with him on memorizing scripture. It’s so important to memorize scripture verses. It’s through His Word we can find comfort and strength and it helps us to grow in faith. It helps us to be able to discern the Voice of Truth against this loud, chaotic, pressuring world. This past Sunday, we gathered back into our individual classes and the first thing I did with my class is implement a bible memory verse plan. Each week they will be given the memory verse for the following Sunday to study and memorize all week long.  Sometimes it will work out, sometimes it won’t. But at least we will try. 

God’s Word tells us to memorize His Words, to let His Word fill our hearts and souls to the extent we hunger for His Word, to Thirst for His Word. His Word should become our daily nutrition every single day of our lives.  When we memorize scripture, The Holy Spirit will recall the perfect verse over our hearts. We can turn our world upside down and right side up, just by sharing The Word of God. 

“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou risest up.” – Deuteronomy 6:6-7 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hide It Under a Bushel? NO!

He Restores My Soul

Aijeleth Shahar